Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Confirmed Bun in the Oven

It has been a bit of a roller coaster couple of days, but it is confirmed. I have a bun in the oven cooking as I type.

I had my first "BETA" = bloodtest to measure quantitative hCG in bloodstream. It came back with a definite positive - I am PREGNANT!

But following that happy news, was a lot of stress. Probably the worst stress I felt during this entire process. I found out that progesterone level dropped in half and thought for sure I was already miscarrying. Later, the doctors explained that those levels can fluctuate between tests - depending on the time between shot and test. I realized that I had taken the test a bit later that day than the previous test. The doctor also said that he wanted to see that number double by Tuesday.

I was pretty stressed the rest of the day - worried that the number would not double or even worse that it would go down. I prayed throughout the night for God to bless this pregnancy and protect it. I had planned on POAS one more time Tuesday morning with my last HPT, to prepare myself in the event that the line may be lighter.

I was pleasantly surprised with another set of 2 pink lines. The pregnancy line showed up immediately and was significantly darker than the last test. I confidently went to the lab and gave more of my blood. And sure enough, the beta not only doubled, but increased 175% (with a doubling time right now of about 31 hours). So things are looking positive right now. I keep praying for God to bless this pregnancy because I know things can change in an instant.

Both of my beautiful stepdaughters seem happy about the news as well, which is a little surprising because the youngest was not thrilled with the idea. She was the first to congratulate me and the first to run and meet me at the door with a hug.

So today - I am so blessed and grateful to my loving and faithful God.

No comments: