Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Update on my pregnancy

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I posted. I was just re-reading the post about seeing my baby's heartbeat for the first time. It still brought tears to my eyes. I was going to let the blog go but have had a change of heart because it is so neat to have a record of this time in my life.

Well this baby has GROWN quite a bit over the last four months of course. I am now in my 28th week and the little one is quite the wiggle worm and kickboxer. I love to sit and watch my belly roll and bounce as she does her "thang" in there.

So far, I have been blessed with a fairly easy pregnancy - very minor morning sickness, not too many aches and pains (though that is rapidly changing as my ever expanding belly is taking its toll on my back and sleep patterns). I would not change a thing. I love every bit of being pregnant.

We found out that we are having a girl. I am thrilled. I really did not care if it was a boy or girl, but it will be nice to have the three girls. I have been nesting big time - sewing, cleaning, and getting the nursery ready. The theme is country and farm animals. I have lots of farm animal accessories - cows, roosters, lambs, and ducks on the walls and shelves. I also have my favorite Bible verse on a plaque that hangs right over her crib.

It is Philippians 4:8 "..whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - mediate on these things." I pray that she will be able to do that because God has provided so much beauty and good to this world and I don't want her to miss it.

2 comments:

Leslie Laine said...

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your IVF journey on-line. My husband and I are preparing for our first IVF later this summer, and we are praying for a positive outcome like yours. Your story is inspirational, and it helped to read it. Thank you and I wish you the very best with your new baby.

Ready2BAMommy said...

Thank you for the lovely comment.

I will be praying for you on your journey to motherhood and wishing you all the best