Monday, December 3, 2007

It has been awhile

I did not realize that it had been that long since I blogged.

Things have been going okay for us - some minor downs but they have been followed by ups, so once again I know I am blessed.

Our minor down was on Thursday. My husband I went to his urologist which is about 100 miles away for what we thought would be his testicular aspiration. Needless to say it was a stressful drive for the both of us. We both made small talk and discussed everything EXCEPT what we thought was about to happen to him (a needle inserted into his epididymis to extract swimmers) or worse a section of testes removed. I always feel so guilty when I think about the tremendous sacrifice he is making for me. We get to the appointment after an hour and half drive only to find out that a mistake has been made and my clinic is supposed to schedule his procedure not the urologist. So, we will have to go through this all over again - the sleepless night before and the stressful drive to the clinic again.

As I said, we have also been blessed with many ups. The urologist was very encouraging about the fact that we should be able to get the all important sperm (one positive). I just got off the phone with my insurance and all my medications are covered. That is by far the biggest UP - because the meds would have cost about $4000.00 out of pocket.

I have found some first-time cycle buddies who are very encouraging and positive. We are creating a nice internet support group.

And I finally feel like I can focus on some things other than IF and IVF for the moment. I did lots of decorating for the holidays and may even do a little Christmas shopping today.

No comments: